9/08/2013

Show Custom Info On Lock Screen

Do you want to display custom information(e.g. data traffic usage, new words/phases, motto) on lock screen? Here is my solution.


Environment:

1. MIUI ROM or of Any ROM support display owner info on lock screen.

2. Security Setting plugin for Tasker(maybe require Helper).


How to:

Profile: (update lock screen info)

Context: "Display off" event

Task: 
     1. Any action to get info content into variable %own_info ;
     2. "Security Setting -> Lock Screen Owner Info" [State:enabled; var: %own_info]


If all run well, you'll get custom info on lock screen like mine.(show English words of mine)



I use owner info to show English words from my new words collection in YouDao Dict database, or MIUI daily motto(here) randomly when phone is waked.

The following figure shows how can I pull out my new words collection randomly.



Note: I had use Tasker scene and display off/on context to show custom info or image on lock screen, but sometimes the overlay scene still show when I unlock the screen because of scene's slow response. Of course, you can try the scene method. 

No comments:

Post a Comment